Monday, June 25, 2007

Quickly, quickly

iCozy

Worked this up in leftover sock yarn from this and this, and there's no end in sight. I will have this sock yarn until the day I die. Anydangway, the tweed stitch pattern is from my Harmony book of stitch patterns, which makes a nice firm fabric.



The top flap is garter stitch with a crochet border, and the button came from my small collection of found buttons. There's a small opening on the top for headphones.

Honestly, this isn't the greatest design for an iPod cozy, but it's serving its purpose well enough and looks cute.




Pieday Friday 6/22/07

Apricot Pie, based on a recipe from the Internet. Really easy filling: Sliced fresh apricots, flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Crust was my own expirimental conoction of flour, butter, salt and ice water. Not so good--I think I'll use my mom's shortening/butter crust next time.

2 comments:

Elspeth said...

Sara, please marry me? Thanks, Elspeth (ps: I have an ipod and like pie, too!)

Ravelry Codename: Knitzel said...

For sure, let's get married. Instead of an engagement ring, I would like a diamond encrusted pie pan...or something. See you Wednesday!