Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hardcore, sweaty, project monogamy

My Fall Interweave arrived a few days ago, and though I have lovingly paged through it several times, and done some planning as to what I have, what I will need to buy, and what will come first in terms of the new project queue...that's about it.

I am about halfway through the Mandelbrot Scarf, and even though it's not the most enjoyable thing in the world to knit, I will remain true and steadfast until it is finished. It helps that the colorwork is going better on this side, and there's just something about knitting the same thing for the second time--it always seems to go more quickly. It's like when you're out hiking somewhere and you get to the scenic overlook or whatever and then turn around; the return trip always seems faster because you remember things as you pass them, as opposed to seeing them for the first time. Are my wild days of project promiscuity over, or is this a momentary lapse? I think it's too early to tell. I daresay some people are bad influences in this regard, but them's the breaks, I guess. If this blog were a TV show in the 80s, this entry would be 'a very special episode' in which I learn an important life lesson, possibly about drugs, or anorexia, or using drugs to facilitate my anorexia. Aren't you glad it's just about knitting? I SURE AM.

P.S. Rilo Kiley tonight @ 930! Yeehaw!

No comments: